Wednesday, January 22, 2014

These Are a Few of My Favorite Forms! Day 4- Embedded Videos

I have to say, of the many different uses of forms that I have shared and will share, this is the form type I use most frequently. This form has so many different uses, I will first explain how I use them, and then explain some different ways you can use them for your own classroom.

If you're familiar with my blog, you know that I am a self-contained Special Education teacher. Teaching 3 grade levels at one time in a subject like Math is nearly impossible, so 90% of the time we do station work. My three stations usually include direct instruction with me, independent practice and cooperative review games at our back table, and a Google Form followed by some online Math games.

Depending on the rotation for the day, students will complete a form with an embedded video that reviews the topic from that day's or a previous day's lesson, or introduces a new topic. Because I am teaching students who typically preform below grade level, I tend to keep questions to a more basic comprehension or knowledge level.



It's important to note that you can only import videos from YouTube, so if your school blocks YouTube this will not work for you. If you do have access to YouTube, then you have access to a lot of great resources! I plan on doing a future post about some of my favorite YouTube Education channels, but here are some that I use for my math videos: Khan Academy, Learnzillion which offers over 2,000 videos that correlate directly to Common Core, and eHow Education.

So how can you use this form in your classroom? If you're already using Blended Learning or Flipped Classroom, this is perfect for you! You can also use this as a Do Now or Exit Ticket if your students don't have Internet access at home. Forms also lend themselves perfectly to differentiation! Some students may need the prompting of multiple choice and select from a list questions, while others can handle fill in the blank, and still other need more challenging, application or synthesis questions. Using the same video, you can differentiate to all your students. Just "Make a Copy" and differentiate as appropriate.

Here, you can access this form. Make sure to "Make a Copy" before playing around.

Tomorrow's Form: Test review


No comments:

Post a Comment